The Push for Your Baby blog writing contest and giveaway deadline has been extended! Share your childbirth story by August 15 and you could win some awesome baby items!
Calling all moms, dads, and partners! You’ve been through the big day and now it’s your turn to tell expecting parents about what you’ve learned along the way. Share your childbirth story with us in a written or video blog and you could win a baby product from Lamaze and Tomy.com.
Our panel of judges will select three written and three video blogs to receive the following:
- First Place: Lamaze car seat, provided by TOMY (approx. value $220.00)
- Second Place: GC Brands Childrenswear Baby Wardrobe (approx. value $150)
- Third Place: Selection of Lamaze baby toys and books, provided by TOMY(approx. value $100)
For your entry, take some time to reflect on your baby’s birth day and share your answers to these questions:
Push for Your Baby!
- Why do you think it’s important for parents to push for the best care for mom and baby during labor and birth?
- How did Lamaze childbirth education help you push for the safest, healthiest birth?
- Did dad or your partner take childbirth education? How did it help support you on your baby’s birth day?
- What’s the most important thing that you learned in Lamaze class that helped you push for the safest, healthiest birth possible for your baby?
Advice for other parents?
- Based on your own experiences, what’s the one thing you would tell new, expecting parents about preparing for baby’s birth day?
How to Enter
Using the form here, submit your entry no later than Wednesday, August 15, 2012. We will announce the prize winners on August 1. All blogs* will be published on the Push for Your Baby Campaign website and the first place blogs will be posted to the home pages of Lamaze.org and PushforYourBaby.com, as well as on Giving Birth with Confidence and shared via Lamaze’s Facebook and Twitter pages.
*Before being posted on the website, each blog post will be reviewed for appropriate content. Blogs found to be insulting, profane or otherwise inappropriate will not be posted.
Video should be no longer than three minutes in length and posted on YouTube. Written entries should be no longer than 700 words. Our panel of judges will evaluate entries on narrative (as defined above), originality and creativity.
The Lamaze “Push for Your Baby” campaign encourages women to advocate for better care for their babies and themselves. With the right information and education, women have the opportunity to be active partners in their care during pregnancy and birth. This campaign is designed to help women be ‘savvy shoppers’ and prepared to seek out the best care for their babies and themselves.